The University of Texas Physics & Math Camp is for students who will have graduated from 7th or 8th grade by Summer 2024 and are interested in exploring intersections between math, physics, and electrical engineering. In this 5-week camp, students have the opportunity to learn wave physics by building their own musical instrument, solve an Electrical Engineering challenge using Arduino, explore college-level abstract algebra, and more. Students take Physics, Electrical Engineering, Algebraic Structures, and Advanced Mathematical Problem Solving courses to master new concepts while making new friends.
All students receive support from an instructor, UT student interns, and other faculty and staff. The camp also includes a mixture of lab tours, career speakers, and college/career exploration opportunities. This camp is NOT for high school credit.
Registration Requirements: Seats fill first come, first served. A complete registration contains the following components:
- Your student's UT EID. You can create one here. Check out a how-to video here.
- The online registration & payment, accessible at the link above.
- Student Survey
- UTeach Outreach DocuSign Forms
- A copy of your student's grade report
- This can be uploaded to the online registration or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have an 85 minimum in Math, Science & English. 80 allowed for advanced courses. All other courses must have a 70 minimum.
- Must have minimum 2 six-weeks or 1 nine-weeks of grades.
June 17th - July 25th, 2024 (Mon - Thurs). No camp June 19th or July 1st - 4th. Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The University of Texas at Austin
$2,500 - Includes materials. No scholarships are available.
If you still have a question please email us and we will get back to you within 48 hours during office hours.
Si todavía tiene alguna pregunta, por favor envíenos un correo electrónico