TEKS Science: 8.3C, 8.6C CCRS Science Standards: VIII-C1
- Students will be able to describe projectile motion without air resistance.
- Students will be able to explain the effect of air resistance on a projectile.
- Students will be able to explain the relationship between shape and air resistance.
- Students will be able to contrast the motion of a projectile without air resistance to motion with air resistance.
- Students will be able to predict the amount of air resistance an object would have relative to other objects.
The students will investigate the motion of spherical projectiles using a PhET simulation. After gaining insight, the students will contrast the motion of spherical objects with the motion of other objects that experience more air resistance. After investigation the students will draw conclusions about the way air resistance affects different objects.