UTeach Outreach is hiring for Summer & Fall 2019!
Students in the UTeach Teacher Cetification Program that recieve a UTeach Internship with Uteach Outreach will be compensated $14/hour and, if sucessful, may have the option to continue in Summer and future semesters. To be eligible for a UTeach Internship with UTeach Outreach, you must have a minimum 2.6 GPA, be enrolled as a student at UT in UTeach Natural Sciences with the intention of getting teacher certification, and be dependable.
Summer 2019 Positions are Full.
- Engineering / Maker Intern - Engineering interns support a certified teacher to deliver hands-on lessons to groups of 6th and 7th graders. Build bridges and launch bottle rockets this summer! Great for those of you pursuing the Maker Certification in UTeach.
- Mathematical Problem Solving Intern (Algebra to Pre-Calculus) - Mathematical Problem Solving Interns support a certified teacher to deliver hands-on lessons to groups of 6th-8th graders. The Problem Solving team ensures that our students like math and feel comfortable manipulating numbers and equations.
- Computer Science Intern – These interns have the option of teaching Arduino to groups of 6th-8th graders OR helping a certified teacher teach C++, Java, and other programming languages to a small class of 9th & 10th graders. Great for those of you interested in computer science.
- Logic Intern – Logic interns help a certified teacher lead 6th and 7th graders through topics in symbolic logic and set theory.
- Physics intern (must have made an A in a semester of college physics or placed out of it) – Physics interns help a certified teacher deliver hands-on lessons to groups of 7th and 8thgraders. Build mousetrap cars and electric circuits this summer! Great for anyone wanting to teach, pursuing the Maker Certification, or who is passionate about discovering the way the world around us works.
- Algebraic Structures Intern – in this position, you would assist a certified teacher in leading groups of 7th & 8th graders through topics in abstract/modern algebra.
- Statistics intern (must have taken at least 1 semester of college statistics including "R" programming and have made an A) – the Statistics intern helps a certified teacher teach groups of 8th and 9th graders topics in Statistics using “R” programming. These students then design their own independent inquiry, perform it in a UT research lab, and then bring the data back to your class to analyze it with your support.
- Research Methods Intern (must have made an B+ or better in Research Methods or equivalent lab course) – In this position, you would help a certified teacher mentor 8th and 9th graders as they design and implement their own independent inquiry in a UT research lab. The culmination of this class is a college-level research project. Having taken Statistics in high school or college is a plus.
Fall 2019 Positions are Full.
UTeach Outreach Course Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (5–20 hours) — Improve your presentation, teaching, and organization skills.
Afterschool Progam Club Leader (5–20 hours) — Improve your presentation, teaching, teamwork, classroom management, and student relationship skills.
Lab Manager (5-20 hours) - help manage our lesson materials lab in Painter Hall.