The following are materials we use at our workshop presentations. The objectives for our workshop include
- Be introduced to PhET simulations, the inquiry learning model and how when combined meaningful learning experiences for students can be created.
- Examine PhET simulations in the role of students during the presentation of the Density Lesson.
- Critique and evaluate the effectiveness of using simulations in an inquiry-based learning model.
- Acquire inquiry-lesson plans and supplemental teacher materials aligned with high-needs TEKS and CCRS Standards.
- Reflect on the effectiveness of using simulations in an inquiry-learning model in terms of student engagement and understanding of challenging concepts.